- About me
- Comprehensive approach to spine care, ranging from mimimally invasive spine surgery to complex spine surgery
- Minimally invasive treatment of spinal disorders of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine
- Herniated disc, stenosis, spondylolithesis, scoliosis, tumors, ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, infections, congenital disorders and spinal cord injury
- Minimally invasive spinal fusion
- Minimally invasive spinal deformity surgery
- Cervical artifical disc
- Kyphoplasty for compression fractures and spinal tumors
- Spinal cord stimulation
- NeuroOncology, including brain and spinal cord tumors, spinal radiosurgery
- General neurosurgery
- Developing minimally invasive endoscopic techniques for addressing a multitude of spinal conditions
- MD, Catholic University of Korea, College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
- Fellowship, Minimally Invasive and Complex Spinal Surgery, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL
- Fellowship, NeuroOncology and Stereotaxis, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Residency, Neurosurgery, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency, Neurosurgery, Catholic University of Korea, College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
- Neurological Surgery
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Spine Committee, World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies
Kim BS, Markus B, Jallo J: Thoracoscopic Sympathectomy. Jandial R, McCormick P, and Black p (eds): Essential Techniques in Operative Neurosurgery. Philadelphia: Elsevier (in print).
Kim BS, Jallo J: Intracranial pressure monitoring and management of raised intracranial pressure. Loftus C (ed): Neurosurgical Emergencies, 2nd edition. American Association of Neurological Surgery: New York: Thieme: 2008 : pp 1l -26.
Kim BS, Sandhu F, Perez-Cruet M, Refai D, Fessler RG: Surgical approaches to craniocervical junction and the upper cervical spine. Frymoyer J and Wiesel S (eds): The Adult and Pediatric Spines, 3rd edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: 2004: Vol. 2 pp 753-759
Perez-Cruet M, Kim BS, Sandhu F, Fessler RG: Minimally invasive spine surgery: Thoracic update. Haid RW, Subach BR, and Rodts GE (eds) : Progress in Neurological Surgery: Advances in spine stabilization. Karger 2003:16: 266-276.
Kim BS, Roonprapunt C, Lamarca, Kothbauer K, Jallo GL, Epstein F : The current management of intraranial ependymoma in children. Annals of Neurosurg. 2002: 2(3): 1-10.
Jallo GL, Kim BS, Epstein F : The current management of Intramedullary spinal cord tumor in children and young adults. Annals of Neurosurg. 2001: 1(1): 1-10.