- About me
- General neurology
- Movement disorders
- Small vessel disease
- MD, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
- Fellowship, Vascular Neurology, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
- Residency, Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
- Vascular Neurology (Stroke)
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Medical Association
- Wayne County Medical Society of Southeast Michigan
- Aga Khan University Alumni Association of North America
Awards and Honors
- Honors in Ophthalmology, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
- Hui FK, El Mekabaty A, Schultz J, Hong K, Horton K, Urrutia V, Naqvi I, Brast S, Lynch JK, Nadareishvili Z. Helistroke: neurointerventionalist helicopter transport for interventional stroke treatment: proof of concept and rationale. J Neurointerv Surg. 2017 May 2. pii: neurintsurg-2017-013050. doi: 10.1136/neurintsurg-2017-013050.
- Naqvi I, Katramados A, Agarwal R. Arachnoid cyst with intracystic hemorrhage in a child: need for vigilance and prompt treatment. Neurology 2016;86(14 Suppl):P6.324.
- Dharaiya D, Modi S, Naqvi I. Guillain Barre syndrome: predictors of requirement of mechanical ventilation. Neurology 2015;84(14 Suppl):P5.068.
- Irshad K, Modi S, Naqvi I, Dharaiya D. Mortality predictors in bacterial meningitis patients who developed hydrocephalus. Neurology 2015;84(14 Suppl):P5.050.
- Arshad A, Salam RA, Lassi ZS, Das JK, Naqvi I, Bhutta ZA. Community based interventions for the prevention and control of tuberculosis. Infect Dis Poverty 2014;3:27.
- Kamal AK, Majeed F, Naqvi I. Vitamin D supplementation for preventing recurrent stroke and vascular events in patients with stroke or transient ischaemic attack. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012:CD009762.
- Kamal AK, Siddiqi Shaista A, Naqvi I, Khan M, Majeed F, Ahmed B. Multiple versus one or more antiplatelet agents for preventing early recurrence after ischaemic stroke or transient ischaemic attack. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012:CD009716.
- Khuwaja AK, Ali FN, Naqvi I, Bux R, Jabbar A, Dhanani RH. Metabolic syndrome and its individual components among people with type 2 diabetes: prevalence, gender differences and its association with ischemic heart disease. J Diabetes Mellitus 2012;2:332-7.
- Kamal AK, Naqvi I, Husain MR, Khealani BA. Cilostazol versus aspirin for secondary prevention of vascular events after stroke of arterial origin. Stroke 2011;42:E382-4.
- Kamal AK, Naqvi I, Husain MR, Khealani BA. Cilostazol versus aspirin for secondary prevention of vascular events after stroke of arterial origin. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011:CD008076.
- Khan M, Naqvi I, Bansari A, Kamal AK. Intracranial atherosclerotic disease. Stroke Res Treat 2011;282845.
- Kamal AK, Itrat A, Naqvi I, Khan M, Channa R, Khatri I, Wasay M. Ischemic stroke care - official guidelines from the Pakistan Society of Neurology. Pakistan Journal of Neurological Sciences 2010;51:38-43.