- About me
- Ratings & Reviews
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgery
- Metabolic and bariatric surgery
- Adrenal physiology and adrenal surgery
- Surgical management of gastroparesis
- Reflux and anti-reflux surgery
- Gastrointestinal general surgery
- Aldosteronoma pheochromocytoma
- Metabolic and bariatric surgery outcomes
- Disparities in outcomes following metabolic and bariatric surgery
- Outcomes in high risk bariatric surgery patients
- Psychological outcomes in bariatric patients
- Translational research interest in obesity, bariatric surgery and genetics
- MD, George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- Fellowship, Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Fellowship, Surgical Critical Care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Residency, Surgery, George Washington University Hospital, Washington, DC
- General Surgery
- Surgical Critical Care
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Society for American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgery
- Society for Black Academic Surgeons
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- Top Doctors, Surgery, Philadelphia magazine, 2018
Our practice provides surgical treatment to a diverse group of patients. We approach patient care in a multidisciplinary fashion, as we believe a group of clinicians with expertise in their area provides better and safer care as a multidisciplinary team, compared to a team of one. We treat all of our patients respectfully and encourage patients and family to be involved in all aspects of decision making about their surgical care. Our practice is committed to supporting patients and family before, during and well after surgery.
Our practice environment is one in which we have very high expectations for the quality of care and service we provide to our patients, and one in which I would happily have one of my family members receive care.
Edwards MA. Laparoscopic Gastrojejunostomy. In, Jones DB, Maithel SK and Schneider BE, editors of Atlas of Minimally Invasive Surgery. Woodmbury, CT: Cine-Med, Inc; 2006. p. 241-242.
Edwards, MA. Laparoscopic Jejunostomy. In, Jones DB; Maithel SK and Schneider BE, editors of Atlas of Minimally Invasive Surgery. Woodbury, CT: Cine-Med, Inc; 2006. p. 295-297.
Edwards MA, Bittner JG. Basic suturing techniques. In, National Medical Student Skills Curriculum. 2011. (in press)
Edwards MA. National Surgical Skills Curriculum: Phase I. In, Tsuda et al, editors of Textbook of Simulation. CineMed Publishing, Inc. 2012.
Edwards MA, Asmann B. Methods of Assessment. In, Tsuda et al, editors of Textbook of Simulation. CineMed Publishing, Inc. 2012.
Hines JO, Bingerer J, Cason FD, Edwards MA, Hopkins MA. Biliary Tract. Lawrence, editor of Essentials of General Surgery, 5th Edition, Lipipincott Williams & Wilkins 2013